I enjoyed the process of completing this 2Week, in that it made me think about some aspects of my life that I wanted to change. I originally thought that I wouldn't get as much out of the 2Week because I didn't have a specific goal in mind. Through following the steps in the article I found that I did want to change some things, particularly my health. I specifically decided to focus on rock climbing, eating better, and building exercise into my daily routines.
At first I did not like to do the progressive relaxation exercises, but the more I did, the easier they became and the more I actually felt relaxed. I was a bit skeptical my first time, noting to myself that I was already totally relaxed - how could I do so further (without falling asleep)? After doing the exercise I found that I was in fact more relaxed, and that I enjoyed the state. Doing periodic relaxation exercises, I felt more able to slip into these states, and that it was a more whole feeling.
I felt a little silly writing down elements of my goals and drawing pictures, but I think it helped me convince myself that this is truly what I want, and give me the energy to work towards it.
Overall, I strongly recommend this 2Week to anyone who is trying to accomplish something, or wants to make a change, but doesn't know what or where to start. I only got up to unit 6, but I hope to work through it, and finish the process in the future. I also feel that some of the relaxation and creative exercises were useful in and of themselves to gain some clarity in thought.
2Week or too weak?
2Week complete
No comments:
Post a Comment