When first beginning this 2Week, I was immediately reminded of my experience before learning meditation. I found that If I was in the right mindset, that these 5 minute breaks were wonderful for self-reflection. I gained a lot these past 2 weeks through this 2weeks, and I found myself looking forward to my breaks.
Where this 2Week became difficult for me was actually when I had free time. I enjoyed breaking up my busy work days, but when I had time, my schedule of the 2Week became fuzzy, and I wouldn't fully concentrate. I had no problem waking up for sunrise after a night of drinking, but I did find it difficult to keep my prayer schedule when I had a free day. I think the difference is that when I was busy, the 2Week became a time for myself, when I had no work, it became a chore.
I got out what I put into these prayers. If I relaxed, and focused my thinking, they were endlessly valuable. If I was not in the right mind, it was wasted time. It was a learning experience for me to punctuate my day with prayer the way a Muslim might (although nearly not to the same extent). I did well with the 2Week, but alas abandoned it during a rugby tour in Manila. Even thought I did not complete this 2Week, I am still taking much away from it.
2Week or Too Weak?
Too Weak
No comments:
Post a Comment