What is 2Weeking?


2Weeking is a project dedicated to challenging yourself and exploring new ways of thinking and living. This site will feature a new challenge every two weeks that will ask you to make a simple change in your life. Although only one challenge will be featured every two weeks, we invite you to complete any of the 2Weeks on your own schedule. If you complete a 2Week you will get a 2Week Badge from our site! Sweet!

The Premise:
Each challenge lasts for only two weeks and will explore different lifestyles from diet to behavior, use of technology to environmental conservation.

Why 2 Weeks:
Two weeks gives an adequate amount of time to internalize these challenges, better understand other ways of life and begin to break harmful habits. After 2 weeks the choice is yours to make the challenge a full on "lifestyle change." But hey, at least you tried it out and got a sweet badge from this site!

2Weeking Philosophy:
As with all self improvement endeavors, it is important to have a supporting community. It is best to 2Week with a close friend or loved one- someone who will support you during the challenge. 2Weeking also provides a forum where you can share your experiences with other 2Weekers.

Start 2Weeking out!


Sunday, January 10, 2010

2Week #1 Spencer's Review

Spencer's review- Two weeks is way longer than I thought. It turns out I had sugar addiction- bad. The first few days I had to fight off the temptation of buying a candy bar before class every day. The urge to eat a bowl OF unhealthy cereal became a physical battle with my body. Then, after about 5 days, it became easier. A simple no to cookies or cake and the craving was gone. Before, if someone put out a plate of cookies before me I wouldn't stop until they were all eaten, even if I was the only one chomping away at them. I saw a movie with a few friends with homemade cookies. Even though they were right in front of me, the week of practice I had under my belt let me say no with ease. I've learned a tremendous amount of self-control, far more than I thought I could possess. It was astounding how much sugar I was eating in a day. I started paying attention to the food I was eating and its sugar content. Even daily staples like corn flakes had some of it. ketchup, as it turns out, does too. Sugar is pretty much in everything I eat on a daily basis. That was eye opening. I will say that I succeeded in accomplishing the fundamental goal of the 2Week, but I don't deserve a badge. I still did eat things with sugar in them- even though there were trace amounts, i.e. corn flakes, kethcup, some breads etc. I said no to all forms of candy and sweets, but I did eat SOME sugar. So, I give myself an honorable mention, but not the badge. To truly go without any sugar of any kind is a heroic feat in modern times. Please let me know if someone out there does succeed in that. The reason for my success is Tom. Without the element of friendly competition and honor I don't think I would have made it. A promise to myself is far easier broken than one to my best friend.

Conclusion: I'm going to try and continue this 2week and see how far I can go with it. My sugar addiction was debilitating and unhealthy. I had never realized the extent of it. I feel better, I feel healthier. That's worth far more than a bowl of frosted flakes in the morning. I'm exceptionally glad I did this. Now I know that it's possible to overcome the addiction and I've won the hardest part of a battle I have been losing since childhood. And it's on to the next challenge.

2Week or Weak?
Weakend

No comments:

Post a Comment