As our last two 2weeks have focused on limiting ourselves, this next one will be about adding something. The challenge is simple: keep a journal for 2 weeks and write in it at least once a day. How much you write, and the format, are up to you. Use any method you choose- a computer, moleskin notebook, video log, anything that allows you a chance to record your thoughts.
We have both tried keeping journals in the past but could never get in the habit of continuing them, hopefully this can be a starting point for more writing and reflection.
There are numerous reasons for keeping a journal. Now let's find out what those reasons are on a personal level.
I'm doing this one with you Spencer. I've kept lots of diaries, but I have noticed that I lie in most of them to try to make my life seem more interesting and light hearted than it really is, which is odd, since no one else reads them. So I am going to challenge myself to keep an honest diary and to try not to neglect boring, dark, and shameful things which I normally pretend not to be thinking about. Good luck!
ReplyDelete~Diana Bones