I’m standing in my bathroom naked, eyes fixed upon a sign that reads: “harden the fuck up.” It’s cold out, and I am losing body heat fast with no clothes in my unheated apartment. I flip on the water, trying to separate the connection in my mind between this action and the icy water to follow. I take quick short breaths as I dance around under this freezing waterfall. Water off. I nurse my frozen body with shampoo and body wash before going in for a second plunge to wash it all away. Day 1 complete.
The Navy shower was a great 2Week, and really helped me understand how much water is wasted in the bathroom. I have a new idea of what taking a quick shower means, and I may employ it as a time saving device in the future. I also know that I won’t be such a wimp when I use unheated showers in the future. Showering with cold water was by far the most difficult part of the 2Week. On a cold winter morning it takes a lot to get psyched up for the plunge. Anticipating the shower was worse than the shower itself and if I simply walked into the bathroom and turned on the water than the whole process was much easier. Each day it got easier and I came to really enjoy the wake up. I didn’t feel any less clean from this shower, but I did feel more refreshed when I stepped out. Apparently blasting yourself with cold water is good for both your skin and your heart too! In the future I feel like I will limit my shower time, and I am happy to have the Navy Shower as a practiced bathing method to use whenever needed.
2Week or Too Weak?
2Week complete!
This is also called the "James Bond Shower." Maybe the different between a Navy shower and a James Bond Shower is whether or not you have a PP7 in the shower with you?
ReplyDeleteA good 2week!
See: http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18/the-james-bond-shower-a-shot-of-cold-water-for-health-and-vitality/