I begin this post with an anecdotal fact about myself followed by a swift defense of my 2weeking behavior. I normally get up at 9:50 AM for class at 10:00 AM, giving me little time to hop in the shower. It's only after I return that I'll give the ol' body a rinse. For THIS reason, I was not as unfortunate as Tom to take the dreaded Morning Navy Shower. Rather, the warmer afternoon tended to be my washing time. I did do a few mornings, and it was like being clocked in the face with ice cubes of pain. My short hair would take the initial attack of freezing water, and the rest of me would shiver and shake as I drenched myself as thoroughly as possible. I would then turn off the water and give myself a swift lather of soap with scrubbing, and then water down again. It never took longer than 2 minutes. I would like to add that a cold shower in the morning certainly wakes you up in case anyone is looking for something more effective than a double espresso (I needed both on some mornings).
I did learn something from this flagellation process. I waste A LOT of water during my normal shower time. I've been known to just daze off under the warmth of a flowing shower. 60 gallons I could waste in one go... at least. You could easily drown a few people in that much water. I'll be more aware of this in the future.
The only small confession I have to make is while my girlfriend was in town we rented out a private hot springs bath at a hotel. I don't believe these 2 baths I took to be antithetical to the purpose of the 2Week, but it is certainly worth mentioning. The water was going to be used anyway and it's non-potable: so it's ok! Right? I think so.
Overall, this was an excellent 2Week and it was suggested by a community member. So, it just goes to show that we take your advice to heart! Hope others out there enjoyed the 2week as much as we did.
2Week or Too Weak:
2Week complete!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete