I wrote my story about "genetic memory" whereby people in the future could look at your genes and retrieve memories about your ancestors. It was supposed to be about a galactic civil war in which the main character ends up being saved by his enemy. His grandkids down the line are then forced into servitude for the family of his savior as a means of political reconciliation. Sounded great to begin with but my story couldn't hold a plot line. I kept deviating from one futuristic idea to the next. A host of unbelievable characters and three or four flashbacks later and I could tell the story was doing the oozlembird.
So, my dreams of becoming a famous writer without really trying died along with the story about three days ago. I diligently worked at it for about a week and a half and then put it down like a dying dog. Oh well. My ideas need more time to incubate... that's my excuse. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try to resurrect it.
2Week or too weak?
Weak End
No comments:
Post a Comment